Reverse Reincarnation
The old gray rat is nesting in the house.
Impatient, she can’t wait for me to leave,
wrecks my exit as I’m on my way out.
Muddling old age puts me in a pout.
I can’t recall: Wasn’t there something up my sleeve?
The old gray rat, nesting in the house,
gives no notice, just bustles about
tossing memories I was keeping for the grave,
wrecks my exit. On my way out,
I’d hoped for some dignity, a bit of clout
to beat off my descent, a final save.
The old gray rat is nesting in the house,
here to stay and wants no trace of me about,
bites my hand despite all I gave,
wrecks my exit as I’m on my way out.
I’ve lived here forever, I want to shout.
The least I deserve is time to grieve.
The old gray rat is nesting in the house,
wrecks my exit as I’m on my way out.
wrecks my exit as I’m on my way out.
Lisa, This is a lovely beginning to an ambitious project. I look forward to reading all contributions to the blog in the coming months...year.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading, Meg -- feel free to contribute!
ReplyDelete